Tuesday 19 May 2009

My Welsh Blogosphere - Alwyn ap Huw

My grandmother would never do or say anything personal in front of a switched on television. She wasn't so stupid as to think that the man on the telly could see her, she just felt more comfortable not being watched, even by a living image. It just made her feel better.

My dear wife doesn't like watching political programmes in my company, because I argue with the contributors, I shout at the telly and, on occasions, I am quite abusive towards those taking part.

What is the point? She asks. They can't hear you and no matter how loud you shout at them it won't make a blind bit of difference!

I disagree, with her!

Shouting at the telly makes ME fell better when I am assaulted by the crap that some of our honourable representatives spout.

That's why I blog. It's a way of letting of steam.

It doesn't matter to me if anybody hears (or reads) my rants. It doesn't matter if my posts don't make a blind bit of difference. I don't care if I am no 1 or no 9 billion in the rankings. I don't care how many unique hits I had last month.I don't care about influence.

I blog to shout at the computer screen, because a computer screen looks a bit like a telly!

Funny thing is though Nain, sometimes this telly answers back. Odd innit?

(Written by Alwyn ap Huw, Welsh blogger, creator and author of the Miserable Old Fart and Hen Rech Flin blogs)

This is the tenth in a series of posts giving a chance for Welsh bloggers to have their say on the state of the blogosphere and where it's going. If you're interested in contributing place feel free to contact me at welshbloggers@gmail.com

3 Responses to “My Welsh Blogosphere - Alwyn ap Huw”

Anonymous said...

You're obviously as mad as a hatter,Alwyn. Good on yer.

Cracking post, made me giggle!

Leave a reply

Comments are welcome and encouraged. Please make sure to keep comments relevant to the blog post (this applies to any links that may be included).

Rude, wasteful, off-topic are discouraged but will not be deleted. If you want to make yourself look like an idiot you're very much welcome to.

Comments are open and unmoderated (unless you are commenting on an article over 5 days old), and do not necessarily reflect the views of Welsh Bloggers In The Pub.

 
© 2009 Welsh Bloggers. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz