Wednesday 3 June 2009

My Welsh Blogosphere - Dom Stocqueler

The header on my blog states "This is the blog of the editor of the Welsh Icons website - http://www.welshicons.org.uk/ describing how bloody hard it is to run one of the largest websites in Wales with no cash!".

This is not entirely true and if it was the blog would no longer be fit for purpose.I'm not sure if anyone reads my blog, but with the Welsh Icons site receiving over 3.5 million hits a month it does not really matter anymore. The blog was never intended as a promotional tool (I now use Face book and Twitter for that sort of stuff) for the site, just a place where I could blow hot and cold, and get things off my chest.

Being Editor of one of Wales' biggest sites brings certain responsibilities - one of them being having to be politically agnostic. I have never made any secret of being slightly right of centre but with libertarian leanings (we all say that, don't we?) and the blog allows me to comment on things which I feel are important but self-censorship does not allow me to list on the web site.

It was obvious early on that no one was interested in me whinging about having only £2 to live on until I got my next Job Seekers Allowance payment in 11 days and having 8 events to cover, and hence the blog has evolved in to a sort of digital scrapbook.I use it to:

Share jokes and cartoons I'm sent and think may amuse others - why clog up every one's inboxes?

Share some of my photographic work on Flickr - again, why send out hundreds of emails when they may be of no interest to anyone.

Rant about things that annoy me - I tend to work 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a weeks with Radio 4 on in the background most of the time. This gives me plenty of material especially the Today programme, The World at One and PM.

Thanks for reading this,

Yours in the digital domain,

Dom Stocqueler

(Written by Dom Stocqueler, Editor of the Welsh Icons website and Welsh blogger)

This is the eighteenth of a series of posts giving a chance for Welsh bloggers to have their say on the state of the blogosphere and where it's going. If you're interested in contributing place feel free to contact me at welshbloggers@gmail.com

No response to “My Welsh Blogosphere - Dom Stocqueler”

Leave a reply

Comments are welcome and encouraged. Please make sure to keep comments relevant to the blog post (this applies to any links that may be included).

Rude, wasteful, off-topic are discouraged but will not be deleted. If you want to make yourself look like an idiot you're very much welcome to.

Comments are open and unmoderated (unless you are commenting on an article over 5 days old), and do not necessarily reflect the views of Welsh Bloggers In The Pub.

 
© 2009 Welsh Bloggers. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz